Friday, December 18, 2015

SOMEONE'S NOT INTERESTED IN STAR WARS ... ME


Not that this matters, but I'm not watching Star Wars. I tried watching it when it first came out. I was in high school and thought it sucked. I was bored stiff. As you can imagine, I haven't watched any of the sequels either.

It's good to know - courtesy of Macleans - that I'm not alone in my sentiments.

Still, about 10 years ago I tried watching it with my son, Sebastian, because he really liked Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear. He wanted to watch Star Wars so I thought I'd give it another shot. It was even more boring the second time around. My son fell asleep before I did.

Since I rented it for a couple of days I asked Sebastian if he wanted to try and watch it again. I was relieved when he said no.

I still don't know any of the characters, except for the princess with the Danish rolls on the side of her head - and Darth Vader. And I only know about Darth Vader because his character is referenced in Toy Story, and there's usually someone at a Raiders game dressed up as Darth Raider.


OK, enough with the space frivolity. The force isn't with me. Now back to work.

- Mark

No comments: