Wednesday, March 30, 2011

LIBYA AND THE OBAMA DOCTRINE

I've been far too busy to comment on President Obama's Libya speech. But make no mistake. He is following a path that he laid out long ago. Rather than recount the Libya speech, and how it fits into the Obama Doctrine - Peace through cooperation, Order through strength - take a look at President Obama's Oslo speech. The long term approach for Libya is in there. My comments on what the Obama Doctrine means can be found here and here.

Interestingly, many conservatives - including former Speaker Newt Gingrich - praised President Obama's Oslo speech.


I have to run off to class so I'll leave my comments on the rants of Sarah Palin, and other clueless wonders, for another day. I'll try and make specific comments about the Libya speech at a later date too.

- Mark

No comments: