Friday, August 27, 2010

GLENN BECK: THIS WEEK'S VILLAGE IDIOT

There are so many things wrong with Glenn Back speaking in front of the Lincoln Memorial on the 47th anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech that I don't know where to begin.

Well, actually, I do know where to begin. Let's start by naming Glenn Beck this week's Village Idiot.

Beck would earn this week's honor for this claim alone: "This is a moment, quite honestly, that I think we reclaim the civil rights movement."

I might be inclined to believe Glenn Beck except for two things. First, unlike the intellectually challenged and historically clueless zombies who follow Beck, I can think for myself. Second, the last time a bigoted, hate-mongering, nutjob tried to claim the civil rights movement for white America he came with fire hoses and dogs, and was named Bull Connor.


But Glenn Beck really deserves this week's Village Idiot award because of his delusional claim that we're "going to see the Spirit of God unleashed" as he helps to "restore the values that founded this great nation."

And just who do we owe for the opportunity to see "the Spirit of God unleashed"? Why, Glenn Beck, of course.

It turns out that Glenn's only "writing a few bullet points" for the speech so he doesn't "get in the way of the Spirit in case He wants to talk."

What an idiot.

- Mark

No comments: